Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 15th, 3+ weeks!

Yesterday we went to the GE picnic. I sat in a lawn chair while the kids played and had a great time. Art has been very supportive. My feet were pretty swollen and sore when I got home. My knee was also sore. Those are my biggest problems right now, feet, and right knee. Art made salmon and rice for dinner, and I had soy sauce on mine. I mention this because I'm trying to identify food triggers for the severity of my pain and swelling. I went to bed and woke up at approx 4am in severe pain. I took a Vicodin, and had to use crutches to go to the bathroom. Even with the crutches it was torture shuffling 15 feet to the bathroom and back. I didn't sleep well after that, and Art said I was restless and mumbling in my sleep. I woke up at 6:40 with the pain still unrelieved, so I took an Ibuprofen and another Vicodin. It's now 8am and I am feeling better, although sleepy from the second Vicodin.

So back to the Soy Sauce. I read somewhere that people with Lyme avoid gluten, so I was trying to connect the increased pain with the soy sauce. But I read this morning, that it is mosty GI issues that they experience. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment