Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to work- sort of

So my wonderful boss was nice enough to find some work for me to do around the office. I did chart audits yesterday, and today and did patient call-backs. Yesterday was 3 hours at a desk. Then Art and I went out for dinner at a Thai restaurant. I had yellow curry, it was delicious. Unfortunately, I was in horrible pain last night, I had a restless night of sleep. I had the upper back/spine type pain, that wrapped around to my ribs. It made it hard to take a deep breath. THe spine type pain seems to be muscular, but it's so localized to the spine and ribs, it's hard for me to locate exactly.

This morning was rough, but I loosened up enough to be able to go to work. I worked for 4 hours, and loved every minute of it. I love call-backs. I call patients who have been discharged from our hospital to check in on them, their medications, MD appointments, and any concerns they may be having. I love talking with the patients. I can't wait to go back to work, but night shift worries me. I always flare-up at night, what if this happens on a busy night at the hospital?

No comments:

Post a Comment