Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lyme results

I went to pick up my lab results from my doctor to interpret them myself because I was too impatient for her to call me. Of course I had a hard time figuring out what the heck it all meant. I read it through, decided I was negative, and then my phone rang and my doctors office called to say I was positive for Lyme and the doc wants to go over everything with me on 9/1, next Wednesday.

I am still in denial, so I decided to go get the labs done that the rheumatologist ordered for me yesterday. Because if my HLA-B27 is positive, then I will certainly question Lyme. If it's negative then I will have to accept my Lymey fate. I may have to accept it anyway though, because I reread everything tonight, did a little research, and yes, it does in fact appear positive.++++++++:-(

In the meantime, I sit here, with my swollen, painful feet on a pillow, waiting again, for what is to come next. The whole hurry up and wait game. This is ok though, I keep telling myself that it could be so much worse. I could have something sooo much worse. So in perspective, I should be happy. There are some people out there that would love to "just have Lyme"...

No comments:

Post a Comment